Search This Blog

Sunday 24 March 2013

Diffusers!


Diffusers!
While these pics might not look that exciting to some, these diffusers (designed by yours truly) open up a world of possibilities with my embossing folders. I designed them with my Studio program, and I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut four identical layers of each image out of cereal box cardboard. I glued all four layers and viola, diffusers!

I placed my tools in the following order, bottom to top: A plate, B plate, embossing folder with cardstock inside, and finally on top, the card-sized diffuser. When I ran it through my Cuttlebug I ended up with the embossed design all around the outer edge, and a nice smooth oval in the middle. Please note that I did not use my second B plate on top of the embossing folder the way I would normally have done. The diffuser replaces the top B plate when using this method.


Large Oval diffuser used here with Chicken Wire and Bubbles Embossing folders.

To complete this melded design, I ran my cardstock through one more time. This time I used the large oval cut-out that matches the card-sized diffuser with which I started. I placed my tools in the following order from bottom to top: A plate, B plate, embossing folder (new design) with cardstock inside, and I carefully placed the large oval cut-out on top. I matched the oval placement with the smooth oval space I had remaining on my cardstock the first time I ran it through. See the end result above - gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Joodith 30 March 2013 19:45

    I got here finally! However, I am not sure which set is the difuser? The cardboard with the cut out, or the cutout itself? You show all in your photo.
    Jean: I'm still not getting the process. I could try it but am out of time. We have a meeting at 8PM so had best get out of here...
    Thanks! Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith,

    Glad you made it! So the short answer to your question is both.

    The long answer follows:
    The large rectangle with the cutout will create an embossed pattern all over your cardstock except the empty space where the cutout is. The cutout itself can be used to create a small patch of the embossed pattern wherever you place it. I will create and upload another example sometime this week.

    I hope this helps.

    Jean :)

    ReplyDelete